Thank you for your interest in working with our team at Quest Aircraft.
Quest is located in Sandpoint, Idaho and we are always looking for exceptional people to join our team.
Please review the open positions we have posted and if you are interested in applying, please email your resume, cover letter, and a completed employment application form to the following e-mail address:
You can download our current Employment Application Form (PDF) by clicking on this link:
Contact Quest Aircraft Company
1200 Turbine Drive • Sandpoint, Idaho 83864 USA
Toll free: (866) 263-1112 • Phone: (208) 263-1111 • Fax: (208) 263-1011
Employees at Quest Aircraft Company are eligible for company benefits which include medical, dental, visual insurance, vacation, sick and holiday paid time off, as well as others in accordance with company policies. Quest is an equal opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
Quality Engineer[+] READ MORE
Applications will be accepted between the following dates: 12/03/14 -01/04/15
We are seeking an experienced Quality Engineer to join our team. This position is responsible for the development, modification, application, and maintenance of quality standards for products and processes. This position provides statistical information for quality improvement by gathering data on trends and root cause analysis and is responsible to guide technical evaluation, analysis, and related data acquisition processes to ensure quality objectives are achieved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Assesses quality performance (or cost-of-quality) using statistical and analytical methods.
- Devises and implements various methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision, reliability and accuracy of products, processes and production equipment.
- Develops and establishes quality systems and procedures, inspection plans, quality performance trends, statistical plans, cost estimates and technical quality plans for proposals.
- Ensures that project and/or process control documentation is compliant with requirements and/or contract.
- Assesses the cost of, and determines the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications by performing statistical analyses.
- Provides input on quality to product development teams.
- Interfaces with the Quality Assurance Auditor and Purchasing, to identify quality performance trends, and corrective action, for customers and suppliers.
- Interfaces with Quality Assurance Auditor to ensure compliance to specified quality requirements by assisting in performing in-house and supplier audits and surveys.
- Develops and initiates programs to improve supplier performance.
- Prepares reports by collecting, interpreting, analyzing and summarizing data and making recommendations.
- Analyzes proposed changes in methods and materials.
- Assists in compiling and writing training material for training sessions related to quality assurance activities.
- Participates in failure analysis and corrective action investigations.
- Develops and coordinates corrective action procedures and plans.
- Refines and enhances products and processes by applying continuous improvement and key lean manufacturing/production principles and techniques to critical areas of production.
- Makes quality-related customer and vendor visits and contacts as required.
Minimum four years training and/or experience in quality engineering or related field required. Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. Thorough knowledge of quality engineering and assurance techniques, quality inspection procedures, instruments, equipment, theories, principles, concepts, and general business operations required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and problem solving skills required. Must possess the ability to effectively assess and implement continuous improvement techniques to quality and manufacturing functions. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required. Must be able to use standard business applications software and/or specialized data analysis tools. Six Sigma and Lean tools experience is desired. The right individual will have a high degree of integrity and be team-oriented, dependable, trustworthy and present self with professionalism.
Please note: Your experience and qualifications as described in your application, résumé, and cover letter will be used to determine which applicants will advance to the interview phase. If offered employment, the offer will be contingent on the satisfactory completion of reference checks, criminal background check and a pre-employment drug screen.
Deburr[+] READ MORE
Applicants will be accepted between the following dates: 12/10/14 – 12/28/14
We are seeking a Deburr Associate to join our team. This individual will be responsible for deburring and inspecting flat pattern and/or machined aluminum parts.
Essential Duties Include:
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe work environment.
- Deburr flat pattern and/or machined aluminum aircraft parts using various hand & power tools.
- Monitor parts for defects and highlight any issues or anomalies.
- Perform Parts Tumbler maintenance as assigned and ensure maintenance logs are kept up to date.
- Prioritize work appropriately according to Planning.
- Communicate Expedite parts to downstream customers.
- Follow requirements on the job travelers and record work in Vantage/MES.
- Apply Lean Manufacturing, 6-sigma, 5S and/or equivalent methodologies to continually make improvements in safety, quality, throughput, and cost.
Related experience preferred. Must be able to perform basic functions in MS Windows XP, MS Office Suite and Internet Explorer. The ideal candidate will be familiar with the use of hand and power tools, be able to read and interpret blueprints, have basic math skills and good verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to demonstrate good analytical skills, alphanumeric accuracy and reading comprehension and apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Must be team orientated, dependable, trustworthy and present self with professionalism.
Computer based aptitude tests and mechanical skills assessments are administered to qualified applicants who are selected to interview. If offered employment, a Functional Analysis Test will be given to determine ability to perform the Essential Functions of the job. The employment offer will also be contingent on the satisfactory completion of a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug screen.
Please note: Your experience and qualifications as described in your application, résumé, and cover letter will be used to determine which applicants will advance to the interview phase.