Thank you for your interest in working with our team at Quest Aircraft.
Quest is located in Sandpoint, Idaho and we are always looking for exceptional people to join our team.
Please review the open positions we have posted and if you are interested in applying, please email your resume, cover letter, and a completed employment application form to the following e-mail address:
You can download our current Employment Application Form (PDF) by clicking on this link:
Contact Quest Aircraft Company
1200 Turbine Drive • Sandpoint, Idaho 83864 USA
Toll free: (866) 263-1112 • Phone: (208) 263-1111 • Fax: (208) 263-1011
Employees at Quest Aircraft Company are eligible for company benefits which include medical, dental, visual insurance, vacation, sick and holiday paid time off, as well as others in accordance with company policies. Quest is an equal opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
Machinist 1[+] READ MORE
Applicants will be accepted between the following dates: 11/04/14 – 11/30/14
We are seeking an experienced Machinist to join our team. This position is responsible for setting up and operating assigned machine(s) and performing deburr and inspection operations in support of cutting and forming aluminum aircraft parts for the Kodiak.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe work environment.
- Perform startup procedures such as turning on and warming up machines, maintaining machine fluid levels, and checking for leaks.
- Scan tool data page for broken tools, replace tools, and monitor programs and machine for tool collisions and other anomalies
- Manufacture parts in the machine center by correctly setting up the material, installing necessary tooling/dies, and loading correct programs.
- Use basic inspection equipment and blueprints to ensure that parts will pass inspection.
- When possible, inspect and deburr parts on workbench while machine is in operation.
- Perform the maintenance assigned to the machine operator and ensure maintenance logs are kept up to date.
- Prioritize work appropriately according to Planning and ensure that no jobs are lagging.
- Communicate Expedite parts to downstream customers.
- When new programs are being run, stay with the machine and closely monitor program performance and prevent unnecessary tool crashes.
- Identify the need and prepare orders for new/replacement tooling.
- Empty the chip/waste bins into the outside recycling containers and notify recycler when full.
- Communicate problems such as notes on bad parts, broken tools or dies, and machine problems following the appropriate chain of command to ensure the correct plan of action is pursued in a timely manner.
- Follow requirements on the job travelers and record work in Vantage/MES.
- Confer with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve issues.
- Apply Lean Manufacturing, 6-sigma, 5S and/or equivalent methodologies to continually make improvements in safety, quality, throughput, and cost.
Two years of related experience and/or education strongly preferred. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and have intermediate math skills. Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, write routine reports and correspondence, and demonstrate good analytical skills, alphanumeric accuracy and reading comprehension. Must be team orientated, dependable, trustworthy and present self with professionalism.
Please note: Your experience and qualifications as described in your application, résumé, and cover letter will be used to determine which applicants will advance to the interview phase. If offered employment, the offer will be contingent on the satisfactory completion of reference checks, criminal background check and a pre-employment drug screen.